The historical vinyard of the winery, planted in 1947 from Gastone Bazzocchi, father and grandfather of the owners currently running the estate. The vineyard has always been the backbone and heart of Torrione, from 2006 the central rows are selected for the production of the Bòggina wine, the cru of Sangiovese of Petrolo.
Vigna della Torre (Campolusso)
This high density vineyard extends for about half hectare, with about 5000 gobelet-trained plants (bush system), just below the old medieval watchtower of Galatrona just below 500 m asl. The vineyard is placed on beautiful natural terracing facing the Natural Park of the Chianti Hills recently producing for our cru of pure Cabernet Sauvignon, the Campolusso.
Lovely vineyard of 1 ha planted close to the Tower of Galatrona in the middle of the woods. Sangiovese, producing for the Torrione.
Experimental vineyard mostly Sangiovese for the Torrione, planted in collaboration with the Arezzo province and the University of Agriculture of Milan (followed particularly by Prof. Scienza) and the CRA (research and experimentation council for agricolture, based in Milan).
2 ha vineyard producing Merlot for the Torrione.
Part of the Galatrona vineyard of about 1,5 ha, planted with Merlot for the Galatrona.